Austep Music Green Mission Statement
Austep Music provides affordable CD replication & printing with a focus on sustainability.
We believe "greening" the music industry is extremely important because the music industry is a cultural leader.
'If music can get kids to wear pants around their ankles it can get them to cleanup their lifestyles' Neal Turley
Austep Music's focus is CD replication, specialising in cardboard CD packaging.
**CDs are the 2nd biggest polluter in the music, but by using cardboard packaging instead of plastic reduces the pollution by 95%**
Our mission is to switch the industry to cardboard CD packaging.
Raising awareness and engaging the industry
- A founding partner of the Australian Green Music Coalition, we encourage working together and collaborate with key industry figures.
- By actively influencing our suppliers to go green we encourage the development of industry capacity.
Eliminating the use of plastic CD cases
- We offer a range of affordable card options (95% less emissions than plastic).
- Taking it a step further, all our cases are printed with 70% recycled stock and vegetable-based ink at no extra cost to our clients.
- We provide discounted card packaging rates to any industry figures who have regular demand for plastic jewel cases and wish to switch to card. Contact us for more info.
Leading by example
- We maximise energy efficiency in our office, limit and recycle waste, print with vegetable-based ink on recycled stock, and minimise the creation of packaging/promotional material.
- We limit travel, use public transport, carpool and utilise teleconferencing.
- Emissions that can’t be avoided are offset by accredited organisations who plant trees, protect old growth forest, and invest in the development of renewable energy.
- We plant a native tree for each job we print.
Supporting the development of clean renewable energy
- We have partnered with www.propa.com.au to provide affordable LED Lighting and Solar Power solutions for venues, offices and studios.
- Our office is run on 100% renewable energy.